Our vision is to be the center of expertise on accessibility and to create a future with inclusive communities that are empowering for everyone.
Equality, Dignity, Empowerment, Innovation.
Businesses need to ask these questions:
Can all people access their facilities and no one is left out? Can all customers or service users access all the services and areas once in the facility?
Can they easily access information through the website app or printed materials?
Are customer care staff trained to meet all types of customers’ needs, including those customers with a disability?
What many organizations do not realize is that accessibility can unlock a huge, overlooked market share, reduce customer’s dissatisfaction, lower operational costs, and boost brand value.
There are misconceptions regarding accessibility:
- It’s expensive to be accessible
- There are not so many customers so it’s not worth the investments
- People with accessibility needs are usually financially weak and cannot afford
paying for services.
All of these were proven wrong.
Research on accessibility has found that:
- 15% of the current worldwide population (1 billion people) lives with some form of disability – Expected to reach 1.2 billion by 2020, with a spending power of more than $6 Trillion.
- 70% of disabilities are invisible
- Family and friends of a person with a disability make up 45% of the world population
- 20%+ of the global population will be over 65 by 2050 with 50% of people likely to have a disability
- Businesses lose an average 15% of potential revenue due to inaccessibility as customers chose to leave and never book again (sharing the information about inaccessibility within their network)
- There are around 40 Million people looking for accessible services in MENA.